Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FML

So righty gave out on me tonight in class.

It was a chicken or the egg situation though. I was wearing the evil shoes (aka Gaynors. hate them, even more so now), they don't let me stand over my big toes like I'd prefer to do and, when I try (and do I ever try) they send of ricocheting back over my pinky toes. They also don't let me stand above the platform. Stupid flat plastic edges. DIE.

Anyways, went to releve on my right leg into a renverse. Hip and ankle give out at pretty much the same instant. Not sure if hip gave out first and then ankle did or if ankle was first due to the shoes and hip followed suit in response. Doesn't matter much, though I think the first scenario is the more terrifying one. No worries, ankle is fine. (as an aside, really, I should have sprained at least a handful of ankles by now. not once. not that I'm complaining, though it would be preferable to the hip situation)

Where do I instantly return to? Oh, just that moment when I landed from a straddle leap and felt the snap crunch pop. You know, the one that spear headed the three hip surgeries that I've already had. Yup. That's the first thought on my mind. (because I know the ankles will be fine, they're indestructible *PUNCHES wood* (none of this knocking bs)).

Where am I now? Trying to go to sleep but instead, freaking out and jumping off the deep end. Finding consolation in the fact that I don't think there's really any labrum left for me to tear, as pathetic as that is.


And the irony? Early on at barre, Mary was getting on us about our tendency to kind of forget about our back foot when in fifth position (if I can't see it, as far as I'm concerned, I might as well only have one leg. that's why I look at my feet all the time sillies! ha...). Comment was something along the lines of "TURN IT OUT! but do try not to destroy your knees or hips in the process" and myself, being one to find the humor in such a comment, mumbles "opps! too late for that!" and I proceed to crank my turnout just the way Kathy likes it (thank god I've got tons of rotation in my knees) and the way Laura would always yell about. Right.

FML.

1 comment:

Hua said...

Hey Meeegs,

I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua