Saturday, July 12, 2008

So, let's check in...

It's now July, I last updated this puppy back in March. As we can see, I'm pretty on top of things...NOT!

I'm currently in the process of re-crafting my schedule for the fall. What I thought was going to be an ideal schedule of lots of dance classes + cell bio + organic chem has been foiled by a hip surgery. That seems to be the trend with alot of my plans--a hip surgery always gets thrown into the mix and then the plans don't work out so well anymore! So now I'm dealing with a bit of a scheduling nightmare.

So yea, about that hip surgery. After two MRIs, one failed arthrogram (and one successful arthrogram...nothing like a big-ass needle being dug around in your hip on two separate occasions within two weeks of each other to make you just love life!), and two months of 3x weekly PT at 8 in the morning, I saw Dr. Kocher who agreed with everyone else (me, my PTs, the resident that was in the room, and my ballet teachers)--as a dancer, I need the surgery done if I ever want to get back the hope of having any sort of career in dance. He said that were I a "normal person," he'd probably want to wait on the surgery a bit longer and see if more PT might bring about more success. So here we go--hip surgery round 3!!! It's at this point that I feel the need to point out (again) that I'm only 19--I'm nobody's grandma.

At any rate, surgery's scheduled for September 2nd. Absolutely fabulous timing--I'm supposed to move back to Baltimore on the 1st. haha. I'm on his waiting list and, as of last Monday, I was #4--they're promising me that I'll get in before I have to go back to school. We shall see. It's kind of like flying standby--you know it'll happen, you just don't know when. So I'm calling it my "Surprise! You're having surgery!" hip surgery. Nothing like finding out a day or two beforehand that your going to be on crutches for a month and cripple for 3. It's kind of just my style though; I love flying by the seat of my pants!

My current place of employment (Dunkin Donuts...don't wanna talk about it) of course, knows nothing. They can't fire me about it, but they sure as hell can cut back my hours since I could find out at any moment that I'm having surgery tomorrow and then won't be able to work. Personally, this is a total plus to having surgery the surprise style--the stress of having to give two weeks notice is totally out the window! And I get to quit my job earlier than I intended! woohoo! The job is not without it's perks though--the free coffee is quit nice. As is the little promotion they've got going on right now--the one where you peel the stickers off the cups and win shit. Yea. It's nice, but it ain't gonna be missed!

I'm going to try and make a bit more of an effort to update this thing. Chronicling my life leading up to and following my third hipscope and the never ending thrills of college life. haha.

No comments: