Friday, July 18, 2008

Next in line

After rather persistent bothering of Dr. Kocher's surgical coordinator, I've learned that I'm next in line for a hip scope and that "he has a ton of hips on his schedule". Not entirely sure what that means, but I'm assuming it means I've got decent odds at getting in for my surprise surgery soon. I started out, on July 7th, as #4 on his waiting list for a 1.5 hour time slot in the OR. I'm not entirely sure if that means I was also #4 for a hip scope or what. At any rate, my fingers are crossed.

I've been barely sleeping at night this past week--the hip has taken a sharp turn for the worse. Until this week, I was doing grand plies and grand allegro anyways, just because they didn't make things too much worse. Well, I quit the grand plies this week and only did grand allegro once. What I hate more than anything is having to sit out grand allegro--definitely one of my favorite parts of class just because I can really move and eat up the space. Something just always feels so good and dancey about it. I can't wait until I don't have to think twice about doing a combination again--until the day that I don't have to wonder about how much worse doing something is going to make my hips hurt.

I did take class on Tuesday, with Emily, the teacher I hadn't seen in years. It ended up being a pretty easy class and, at only an hour and a half long, it felt like nothing compared to Mary's 4+ hour classes. Don't get me wrong, I love Mary's classes so much and this class only made me appreciate how much her classes have helped me to grow, but there's something to be said about not having to think about the combination before doing it and feeling comfortable enough with the movement to just totally throw yourself into it and DANCE. But oh, class on Wednesday was down right dreadful. I haven't had such an off class since the modern class during the dance major review in February (and that time I at least had an excuse, though it couldn't have been at a worse time to have a HORRIBLE class--it was my 3rd modern class after four months off...haha, good one).

Oh yes, and good old Mr. Psoas Tendonitis is paying the right hip a visit. He's quite the unwelcome guest. I'm sure it's all compensation related--another reason why I can't wait for all this to be over!

No comments: