Friday, June 26, 2009

Hello Summer!

I can't believe that it's actually been sunny and warm for the past two days! After the nasty rain and cold that consumed nearly the entire month of June, it was quite the welcome change. Just wish it wasn't so humid, though this is no match for Baltimore humidity--I don't quite feel like I'm underwater.

Right hip has been angry for about two weeks now. Really annoyed by that. It's my psoas that's being a brat, like it always is. The humidity really isn't helping matters with it right now either. Part of me feels like it'd probably be worth trying to see Kocher a bit sooner than mid-August (as much as I really don't want to); part of me feels like he's just going to tell me the same thing he told me back in March--that it's probably not going to get better and there's not much that can be done about it. Took it easy dance-wise (or really just ballet wise considering I have yet to take a modern class this summer...should probably get on that since they've finally moved me up and all) this week, partially hoping that that'd help the situation (but really because I slept through class Tuesday morning, forgot about class Tuesday night, and was exhausted Wednesday so opted out of class). It didn't really. Every so often I get that stupid pinching feeling that sends labral tear alarm bells ringing off in my head--happened Tuesday night, so I worked myself up and couldn't sleep, hence why I was exhausted on Wednesday. Logically, I know that's unlikely because 1) I'm not there's a whole lot of labrum left to tear, 2) all looked well on the last MRI, and 3) I have internal rotation, not a heck of a lot but some.

Left hip freaking rocks. Noticed in class on Monday and then again in class last night that it's wicked weak but I can work on that. It's really not cool when you have a combination that asks you to hold a grand battement in second and your leg drops a good 2o+ degrees. Yea...

Spent today at the hospital with my mom (no worries, she's fine...it was just pay back for making her wait around for me with three hip surgeries. Lahey is so not a fun hospital to hang around at. She totally got it good hanging out at Children's.), having training all day Sat and Sun, start work on Wednesday and then work Mon-Thurs for the month of July. And then summer is nearly over. Eeek.

No comments: